Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I am Blogging From The Cheap Seats ...can you hear me?

Can you hear me? I am up here in the cheap seats. I am a little guy in a BIG blog world.

Some bloggers are like the guys in the top rows of a large sports arena. I am one of them. We yell at the top of our voices only to be heard by a few. We don't have front row seats and the big boys seldom pass popcorn UP to us. We sit in cramped cushion-less seats while others set with their feet extending onto the playing floor. Sometimes we irritate others sitting next to use as we scream ....trying to be heard.

We wait in long lines with the rest of the poor slobs just like us. The eating huts and places to take care of our business are not as plentiful as those of the big boys. Our banners are not very flashy and our templates are borrowed from someone else. Yet we are there to root for our favorite team. We can scream and cheer, just like the men and women in the VIP seats. We can let our voices be heard, if only a few will hear.

I am reminded of a time I was at a sporting event sitting next to a little old lady. I jumped up and yelled toward the events on the floor. I felt kind of bad because I think I sprinkled a little juice on her. Okay, I spit on her. I didn't do it on purpose but I had something I wanted to say and I had to let it go. Later on in the evening the old lady was screaming louder than me. She had something SHE wanted to say. I even heard her say a few lines of mine, while spitting in her popcorn.

But you know what, I've often gone out for a night of dancing. However, when I arrived at one dancing spot no one was dancing. I am not the best dancer but I wanted to get my groove on. Hesitantly I grab my partner and said lets get on the floor. After a few odd moments the floor started jumping. The floor became crowded with laughter and bumping bodies. It wasn't a big spot but everybody was having fun. As I mentioned, I am not the best dancer, so while I am dancing I look at the other people on the floor and steal a few of their moves.

My journey into blogging has been much like that of my aforementioned adventures. At times I feel as if I am standing in the cheap seats talking to myself. I've heard it said that others do not want to hear our opinions unless they're ask for. I believe that to be true but sometimes "I" need to hear what I have to say. It reminds me of things that are important to me.


A serendipitous reward of blogging is that others might hear us and gain insight and knowledge from our words. We never know who is listening or why they are listening but it's safe to say that someone ....someone can hear us.

I've often said that I 'm yet to find a reason or purpose for blogging. Today I received a reward based on something I must have said in my blog. It's not the Oscar but it meant a great deal to me. I will explain the award in my next post. Maybe there's a purpose in this blogging thang that only others can define for us.


Anyway, I need all of you, so I hope that you keep coming back and visiting. I am a pawn on a large playing field. I am a small fish in a vast sea. I like to fish, and sometimes I go fishing and do not catch a thing. Sometimes I go and catch the big one.

I've been on the Internet for several years, I've met some nice people. I've been blogging for less than 2 months. I hope to met more individuals like myself that love to share their thoughts and dreams.

My hat is off to the little people up in the cheap seats.

CAN YOU HEAR ME UP THERE?!?

11 comments:

Keith said...

I hear ya man...I've been blogging for about a year now and that was my only reason for blogging, to see and hear just what it was I was thinking about. I wasn't even aware that there were other blogs and bloggers like me out there.
I was going for weeks without a comment. It was so bad that my wife and daughter would comment out of sympathy..Then one day a fellow named Zack
became my first commenter and opened me up to an entire world of blogging ,I didn't even know existed. Then I met Miz and she introduced me to the entire blogoverse as it's called.. That has made it real for me and I've been on a roll ever since. You are doing better than I did..It's been two months and you've already attracted the superstars of the blogging world to your page (Miz,Blu Jewel, Zack,Rippa, Lovebabz et al) I wish you much sucess.

RiPPa said...

Oh I got something for you tomorrow my man.

I so feel this post. I still feel like you even after having my page open for just about 1yr.

I've even developed some prejudices with this blog thing as well. But that's another topic all together.

Keep doing what you're doing, and remember...

Mohamed never went to the mountain...

the mountain came to Mohamed.

A.Smith said...

I think the irony of blogging is that we all feel like no one is listening. There's only a handful of blogs that get the major hits and those are the entertainment blogs.

Those of us in the cheap seats who are talking about the stuff happening to us every day, we're the ones leaving people speechless with a lot to think about. At least that explains a lack of comments. :)

Love this post.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm with you and Keith. I started blogging because so much was going on in my head. I was born to write something; anything. The pen in my hand could not hold a candlestick to the keyboard on my laptop. I overheard a coworker talk about blogging last May and here I am. I love the people I've met and the interesting "stuff" I've read but not as much as a word or sentence that has touch and added depth to my life. We are never to old to learn and grow. Sharing ourselves makes the world go round. Out of our joy and pain, someone can related. If I never got a visitor, I would still post, 80% of the internet surfers out there don't comment, they just read and keep it moving. That's fine by me. Some people have found me by just hitting, "next blog". I like that too :-)

If, I did decide to stop it would only be because my boss is sitting next to me or that damn Comcast Cable company went up on my service again at home (LOL) Otherwise, you're stuck with me!

Love, peace and continued blessings!
Remember, the Lord has a plan for you that you know "nothing" about, so keep on keeping on!

Strongblkwmn said...

I've been blogging for a little while now and i'm still chillin' in the cheap seats. It use to bother me, but i'm good now. I would look at other blogs and they'd have a bunch of comments and followers and I would wonder if I was doing something wrong. I finally realized that I blog for me. I needed to write and blogging is a wonderful outlet for my thoughts. I've also made some great blog friends, so it's all good.

You're doing better than me at this point. You have more followers and receive more comments and you haven't been at it that long. I don't think you'll be in the cheap seats for long.

Karen said...

I love the comparison to an arean or a stadium!

I am new to your blog, but I think we all have a purpose in being in the blogworld. Sometimes blogging is like journaling. Sometimes we need advice. Sometimes we can touch someone else with our words.

I have made a some good friends through blogging - one that I hang out with in the real world all the time. That alone is worth the journey of blogging.

Solomon said...

I've always been stuck in the cheap seats. Maybe one day we can catch a game together in the VIP seats, what do you think bro?

I've only been blogging for a couple months myself, I'm not much into posting yet, but I love roaming around and checking out what everyone else has to say.

Love your blog bro!

SLC said...

In my experience there's more fun in the cheap seats. Do me a favor please. Read my last post.

PerspectiveI posted it last week but I don't think you've seen it yet.
Thanks again,
Dude in the row behind you

SLC said...

Hey Carey thanks for stopping by.
Perspective was my first blog and is actually a little more active than the others. I've been tagged 5 times (I think). Keith is tagged about once a day (lol). A tag usually comes from someone who has recieved that same tag and is an acknowledgment that they like your blog. This can also result in increased traffic to your blog. While you may feel like your in the nose bleed seats now, I see you joining Keith. Keith is like Spike Lee at a Knick's game; front row center. As far as the music flavor; no hard rock; no country western. Winans, Hall & Oates, Mary Mary, Kirk Whalum, LTD, The Gap Band, Hezekiah Walker.............

chele said...

I hear you. I've been at it for about four years and I've come to the point where it's really not an issue if anyone reads. That's not why I write. If someone does get something out of it, than that's the icing on the cake.

LoudPen said...

See, Carey I told you I would stop by. I'm glad I read this post because it is definitely related to mine. It's hard out here for a blogger but, I'm glad I do it. It feels like a job at times but, it's a fun job that allows me to vent and expose my interests to other people.