Sunday, December 13, 2009

No More More Tears In These Clouds




MISUNDERSTOOD: I said I cried last night, didn’t say I died last night.

Came through the storm, was all right last night.

I cried tears of joy.

I wanted to be with them, not in them.

A longing for their presence

Had a hole, a role

Could have filled it with another star

But the part was made for them.

Others could have pulled it off

Everybody would have been paid

But that part was made for them.

Who said it?

I didn't.I said they left, too many nights filled with images of them.

Too many vows broken, the pain--had nothing left in my heart

Nothing but disdain for them.

What did you read?

The paper said divorced, not used,not someone’s unwanted item to be taken for granted and taken to the resale shop

It said divorced, not nearly new... should say new.

Does it say I am not whole?

Is there an asterisk saying I am missing parts?

Where did it say I was void of love, compassion, hope ...dreams?

Does divorce strip a man of his manhood?

Does divorce imply that a women is love-less?

Where does it say nuclear waste!?

I fell down, rolled around, I got up.

That road is behind me.

My road is in front of me.

Read it again, did it say I was a toy to be played with?

Did it say spin this, use this, anyone can do THIS?

Divorced...read it one more time.

I doubt it...

I doubt it said without principles, absent of love.
Is softness and strong bold convictions the sole possessions of newlyweds.

If you think so, you got me twisted, convuluted

You have me confused...MISUNDERSTOOD!


This post was inspired by two women. The first woman, Mizrepresent http://readingwritingblogging.blogspot.com/ encouraged me to blog and it's been a wonderful journey. Also, the above piece was brought to life a couple of years ago, by our earlier conversations. I can't tell you where we met or where we've been, because if I did, I'd have to kill you.

The second woman, Cookie, is the author of yesterdays poem. She's going to read "Misunderstood" at a New Years Eve celebration.


The end of the year is near. I started blogging this year. Wonderful people have stopped by to share a laugh and to share bits of wisdom. Some have dropped by to put me in check, and lord knows, I surely need that.


If you have time, take a walk back through my blog year. I am sure you'll find yourself in that mess... somewhere. You might even laugh again or cry again.


Thanks for helping me along on my maiden year of blogging!

Blog Archive
2009 (115)
December (5)
I Do Not Remember Days, I Remember Moments.
Albino "Tiger": Without his woody.
Don't Touch My PC! Take my money but don't touch ...
Yeah You! You're Acting like A Pawn! You're A Ro...
MESS!
November (17)
Mary "Mo`nique" Jones vs Ray "Jamie Fox" Charles...
THIS IS MINE AND YOU CAN'T TAKE IT. You Can't Mak...
Don't Look Now, Ol'Skool Gotta Brand New Bag!
Excuse Me While I flip My Thang.
Harriet Tubman vs Oprah Winfrey. N**ga Please, don...
Pacquiao vs Mayweather vs My Son: I need space
The Bible: Can We Talk?
No Rant, Just me.
Black Bloggers Family Reunion, 2009. **chuckle**
8:30PM - 11:30PM Friday 13th November 2009.... A P...
Family Reunion: The blogsphere is a smogasbord!
If You Were My Girlfriend.... Again?
MY GOD!!! 100 Postals! Blog-gers - 75 strong!
PAY ATTENTION!.... Attention Wh*res.
Look, up in the sky, it's a blogger, it's a writer...
Why DID I Think Of That?
Fools Welcome: Only if you raise your hand.
October (12)
CAREER OPENINGS! Degree helpful but not required.
Holy Mackerel: They were much more than coons.
Look....Up In The Sky.
What You Are Speaks So Loudly, I can't hear what y...
Twitter Is a Drive-Bye. Get Ready-Get Set-Go-Away....
Is It Love Or Just My Imagination?
A True Love Story: The good, The bad, and The Hor...
You Say I am A Mot**er F**ker. Like that's a bad ...
Pimpin' Ain't Easy - Neither Is Lying.
I Need A Priest. Who's Really Listening?
Who Gives A Fat F**k!!!
It's Like A Poison Soaked Into The Ground!
September (6)
You Can't Turn A Ho Into A Housewife - that's what...
It's A Rap, I am Done. Explanation.
It's A Rap.
BLOG FIGHT!!! Big RiPPa vs The Freeman.
The Gong Show ...Blog Style. Some debaters deserv...
Peek-A-Boo, I See You! ....Behind Every Great Man ...
August (10)
COMFORT!!! My Quicksand -- My Lover-- My Drudger -...
There's Nothing Wrong With A Little "Bump"-n-Wine....
God Must Have A Layaway Plan ....Or Maybe I Need ...
Sometimes I Need Love! Sometimes My Words Take Me ...
A Toast To Troy Davis! A NEW TRIAL! Re-Posts
Shut The F*ck Up, So I Used A Cuss Word - Alright ...
How Low Can You Blow -- Your Trumpet ....Lisa Vazu...
Sunday I Pray -- Well -- And Other Things!
Black Jeopardy -- The Blogsphere
The Rev. Ike -- Ike Turner -- Iceberg Slim. Too Lo...
July (13)
June (13)
May (5)
April (21)
March (13)




11 comments:

Solomon said...

You're a good man Carey, and a great blogger. Maybe I'll stroll down memory lane and check out a few of the older posts you did. If anything I know it will be good for a laugh or two.

Hope you had a great weekend Bruh!

RiPPa said...

Ole skool!

Gimme a call this week so we can chop it up. I got some shit to throw your way.

Maxine said...

Is that space on the seat for me? LOL

CareyCarey said...

Solomon, where you been boy? I saw you over at Miz's spot. I was wondering when you'd slum by here.

I'm sure you'll find a few laughs somewhere in those posts.

@ Maxine, when are you gonna get one of those templates/systems, that allow e-mail notification of comments on your blog?

Oh, the answer to your question: When you knock, I'll answer the door and then we'll see what you are talking about *lol*. I'll tell you what. When you write one of those sweet poems, especially for me, I'll warm that seat, especially for you :-)

@ RiPPa, yeah man, I'll do that. I have a couple of important things to do Monday and Tueday, I'll hit you on Wednesday. I jacked off a lot of time this weekend, and now I am up late trying to catch up.

Mizrepresent said...

Well, i for one am glad u came on board, and that i been here for the ride. You brought something unique to blogging, yourself and that's what make visiting your spot just great. Thanks for the poem and dedication. hugz always.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Now that is a GREAT Poem! Don't which one I like the best, the words of the photo underneath!

Great to have met you and looking forward to years of sharing, laughing and crying...

You are truly a unique "creation" and we all have been blessed to have some of your wisdom and honesty and creativity interwined in the lives of bloggers!

Love ya and hoping that 2010 brings you the desires of your heart!

Hugz and prayers, Free Spirit

Keith said...

Congratulations on a great year!
Yours is a unique voice that needs to be heard! I love your writing style...It's sort of like a jazz
recording...Mellow,improvisational and alluring..You lure your subject right into where you want them and then pow...You smack em with a hard dose of reality!...Love it..and keep it coming brother!!

jjbrock said...

Carey I am glad to have ran across your blog... it's been a pleasure to read...I hope the New Year be even better.

PPR_Scribe said...

Congrats on making it through 2009! Glad we were able to talk you out of your "retirement" from blogging. LOL

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

I'm very glad to have found you and your blog, Carey. Really enjoyed it all and looking forward to more of your unique and often witty style.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Since day 1, yeah I remember when you hit my spot, it's been straight - no chaser. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Congrats on the year brother. Hope you continue the ride for years to come.

BTW, I really liked the poem. Powerful - it was - in a word.