Friday, December 16, 2011

FEAR AND FAITH CAN NOT CO-EXIST IN THE SAME HEART: Negros Gone Wild



Lippy The Lion & Hardy Har Har are a pair of Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters, a lion in a tattered top hat and vest, and a hiena in a pork pie hat and bow tie, respectfully. Hardy is the eternal pessimist that suffers from a major depressive disorder. Lippy, on the other hand, was the stereotype of someone in which hope springs eternal, hence, “lippy”.

Their cartoons revolved around ever-hopeful Lippy with reluctant Hardy serving as his sidekick. Whatever their journey, Hardy's words were always the same "Oh me, oh my, oh dear". Hardy had little faith. Consequently, he always lived in fear.

Let's see, you make the call; are you Judas, Brutus or Hardy Har Har , or can I depend on you?

Well, here’s where I am at today.

There are few things that I really hate, but I can not stand monkey see monkey do negros that proclaim they are standing with you, side by side, shoulder to shoulder in troubling time, yet at the first sign of trouble, they are gone like a turkey through the corn. And, of course, they frequently take along like minded fence straddlers.

Let me explain. Here we are at the mid-point of president Obama’s first term in office. I am reminded of his message of change and the words of - what has turned out to be - his quasi supporters. You know, the ones that have taken off their badge of courage and exposed the underbellies of their real nature; a stankin pig and a funky black cat. You know the story... “Who will help me make the bread“ he asked?... “Not I,” said the pig. . ... .“Not I,” said the cat. ... “Then I'll do it myself,” sputtered the baker.

For sure, all the funky black cats, stinking pigs and Hardy Har Har's of the world are now crying “oh me, oh my, oh dear” as they jump on their new bandwagon of “I told you so”. I’ve been seeing their Step n Fetchit asses as they throw down their signs of “we shall overcome", and then, pickup their new sign “massa, can we come back home


Change came, but their hearts and their fears were not ready for the uncovering of the new-jack racism and cunning ways of Obama‘s detractors  that have raised their ugly heads. It was always there - yet somewhat dormant - but now alive and kicking. So now all the funky black pigs have taken on the persona of their master. They bemoan the alleged errs of President Obama in an attempt to fall back in the ever so comfortable graces of their beloved Mr. Charlie.

The harshest criticism always seems to come from those that have no idea of the political process, nor the duties or restrictions of the presidency, and truly have no gift of their own. And are the epitome of a do or die cynic that’s just plain pissed off at their station in life. That is of course, unless you’re making the world a little more ugly, then that type of personality, will gladly hold your hand and dance through the stankin muck filled trappings of life, proclaiming that you, just like they, see only how awful it all is, but take pleasure in the celebration of it. Lord knows we've heard their pitiful cries... “lets get rid of Obama, we need change”. Negro please, didn’t I here that before? But now your ass wants to scurry backwards on the underground railroad.

Btw, you know (don’t you) the braves slaves, while traveling through the underground byways, shot the weakling slave that wanted to turn around. They couldn’t risk the chance of them persuading other slaves that bondage was the light. More importantly, there is no doubt the weak slave - back peddling slave - upon arriving back at his place of comfort would point fingers at the escaping slaves and sing...

I wish I was in de land ob cotton,
Old times dar am not forgotten;
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.
In Dixie Land whar I was born in,
Early on one frosty mornin,
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

Dar's buck-wheat cakes an 'Ingen' batter,
Makes you fat or a little fatter;
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.
Den hoe it down an scratch your grabble,
To Dixie land I'm bound to trabble.
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

But in the end, Sam Cooke and Martin Luther King said it best.

A Change Is Gonna Come

"I was born by the river in a little tent. Oh and just like the river I’ve been running ever since. It’s been a long, a long time coming. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will. It’s been too hard living but I’m afraid to die, cause I don’t know what’s up there beyond the sky. It’s been a long, a long time coming, but I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will. I go to the movie and I go downtown, somebody keep telling me don’t hang around. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will. Then I go to my brother and I say brother help me please, but he winds up knocking me back down on my knees!"

Many people fear nothing more terrible than to take a position which stands out sharply and clearly from the prevailing opinion. The tendency of most is to adopt a view that is so ambiguous that it will include everything and so popular that it will include everybody -- Rev Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes, it's true, fear and faith can not co-exist in the same heart and some negros fear the mountain. They will never find the faith to say "verily I say unto you, who so ever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt, and it shall be done"

Even the cowardly lion found the strength to pass through the yellow brick road.

7 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Good, thought-provoking post, Carey.

I hear what you're saying here & much of it has weight. I'm one of those Black folks (not negroes) that hasn't yet given up on our President. My admiration of him has waned, & yes, dimmed in the past two years, but methinks he has the power (well, not as much as before), the smarts, & most importantly, the heart, to reengage my faith & that of others.

It would be a travesty if his presidency proves to be a failure due, not to his own will or bad decisions or lack of vision, but due to those who refuse to work with him, or share his vision.

I plan to stay a believer, but he's got to show me something worth investing my lasting faith in, & not simply cowtow to those who don't have the interests or concerns of the majority of struggling Americans in mind.


One.

Keith said...

Well written and well spoken...I've been so mad at these back turnin and non-voting Knee grows that I couldn't even begin to broach the subject...I think I'm more angry at them than the white tea party folks.
I knew I could depend on you to at least put them in check.. (And you did it so well too,without cussin!-lol)

CareyCarey said...

I've heard it said that what leaves the heart will find anothers. Well, my two thought provoking brothers(wise men) have shown up.

Moan, you might recognize this post as a rebuttle to sister anne's. I get so upset at those (as Keith said) "back turnin and non-voting Knee grows". Again, like Keith, I know what the tea party folks are about, they're going to do what they've always done. But I am really upset at those black faces that have a propensity to post gutter filled rhetoric about Obama. I mean, what's their purpose? Really, what message are they sending. I've said this before... we don't need enemies in our own camp. And btw, your comment & melzie's(over there)was not ones I had problems with. But the rest... I could slap the taste outta their mouth. The whole setup (analogy) was foul, and their comments followed suit. And for those that don't know, I am not talking behind Anne's back, because I voiced a simillar sentiment @ her blog. But I jumped in with both feet over here. And she said, "I knew you were coming"

@ Keith, man, you don't know how much I wanted to cus, but then again, maybe you do. *smile*

This was my "PG" version. In my mind, I do have an X-rated one. Are you kidding me. As I said in my post, I don't hate many things, but I can't stand cowards, kneejerk negros and ignorant mfer's. Opps... there I go. *lol*

My hat is tipped to the both of you. Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by.

2cute4u said...

I was here Carey..
Have a blessed week!

Reggie said...

Excellent thought provoking post!!!

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

That was a great post. Yup!

LoudPen said...

Another amazing post by my blog brother Carey. Don't let those Obama naysayers get you down bro. Some people don't have any real pride and don't really stand for anything and they think that everyone is like them. It seems to me that there is more fakeness than realness. It is what it is. I've learned to just ignore it. But I understand why you wrote this post and goodness knows I agree.

P.S. I'm still gonna be stopping by your spot, I'm still blogging just on my fashion blog. Peace & Blessings, homie.