Saturday, November 6, 2010

Don't Call It A Rant: BUT! Where have all the flowers gone? We're Killing Each Other


When the bright lights of our young children and the great minds of our elders, goes out so early, when so many gifted black people go too soon, we are left with a sorrow and wonder which speculation cannot assuage.

I came to that conclusion while listening to some of my African American friends who have a propensity to rag on Oprah, President Obama, and all the dark faces of our role models young and old.

Killing hopes and dreams by slandering those that have made it over the wall, softly killing them by voicing porous, ignorant and unsubstantiated opinions, draws my evilest stare.

Consequently, while stewing over my disdain for those that love to swim in negativity and gossip mongering, I was reminded of a song that I believe spoke for me..

The title is Where Have All The Flowers Gone. However, I am hearing, "When Will Some Negros Ever Learn?" So, listen along and see if you're feeling me and this song.



Where have all the flowers gone
A long time passing
Where have all the flowers gone
A long ago
Where have all the flowers gone
Girl, theyre picked up, every one
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn

Where have all the soldiers gone
Long time passing
Where have all the soldiers gone
A long ago
Where have all the soldiers gone
Theyve gone to graveyards every one
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn

When will they learn, ever learn
When will they learn
When will they learn, ever learn
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn

If you dont know what were talkin about
When we say this
Theres too many starvin children
If ya dont know what were killing each other
And we just aint got time for ya brother
No no hey hey …




When will some negros ever LEARN?!

1 comment:

Mizrepresent said...

Very meaningful Carey. I don't believe we should ever lose sight of hope.