Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In Defense Of The Alleged Bigot Racist Youth Football Coach Frank Samuelson



Innocent until proven guilty is the American way, and therefore, it behooves me to look deep into the allegations levied against the nice family man, Frank Samuelson.

Here's the scoop. The following appeared on Mr Samuelson's Fackbook page.


"I was dining in an Asian buffet today [big surpise], and I heard this morning
how Asian students are suppodely so much smarter than American kids. My personal
observation is that those fishheads still eat with chopsticks. It took Western
ingenuity to invent the fork. I’m just saying. … they a’int that friggin’ smart"



Okay, here we go, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mr Samuelson is a coach for the Brookwood Football Association and also served on the board of the association. But, before there's a rush to justice, I think a deeper investigation is warranted. Lets listen to a few more of his words.

Reporter: Mr Samuel, how would you solve illegal immigration?

Mr. Samuelson: {his exact words} Arrest the 30+ million illegals that are here first. Have them build a huge brick wall across the border [those guys do great brick work], and make them build it from the Mexican side of the border. Mount 50 calibre machine guns across the top and shoot anyone trying to climb over.

Reporter: Really? Did you also call South Asians “red dots” and Mexicans “beaners.”
Mr. Samuelson: Wait, you guys are taking my words out of context.

Reporter: Oh yeah? In what context would those statements have been appropriate?

Mr Samuelson: It’s, you know, it’s, they were friends of mine. The things I remarked about were meant to be humorous or at least thought provoking in front of the eyes of my friends who make up a variety of different people of from every walk of life, race and many national origins. It really, really bothered me to think that people were offended by any of this because if anything, it was meant to either respond to some of my friend’s posts or poke at them in turn. It was never the intention of mine to make anyone feel offended. And, if you've noticed, CNN reported that I have my own contingent of supporters, so obviously, somebody understands.

Reporter: Is that right? I'm thinkin the Sons of Confederates and the Tea Party and those that have an obsession with Hitler and Nazism. I wonder if this is an example of birds of a feather, flocking together, sitting on a high voltage wire because they understand their own evilness and maliciousness?

Now ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as previously noted, I believe a man is innocent until proven guilty. So, based on the following deep investigation, you make the call. Underneath the puzzling words ( actual quotes of Mr Samuelson), as reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, I am compelled to add my narrative to the misunderstood words of the nice guy, Mr Samuelson.

Confusing Mr Samuelson: Yeah, you guys are taking my words out of context.

Reporter: How is that?

Confused Mr Samuelson: you know, it’s, they were friends of mine and playmates of my children. They all come by my house and we do fun things.

Reporter: Fun things?

Mr Samuelson: Yes, we sit around and tell ni**er jokes and everybody laughs along.

Reporter: Well, personally, I wouldn't think that was fun nor something to laugh about, but what else do you and your friends do in your fun house?

Mr Samuelson: We watch movies and I serve ethnic sensitive food.

Reporter: Ethnic sensitive food?!

Mr Samuelson: Oh yeah, although I misspelled the word "suppodely" i a’int that friggin’ stupid. My personal observation is that those fishheads still eat with chopsticks, so taking my position as a coach and a role model very seriously, it's my duty to teach those kids how to use forks. And, although many are calling me a bigot and racist, our friend list includes Asians, Mexicans and negros. Consequently, when we throw a party, we do it right. My wife says I am too kind and I spend too much money on these get-togethers, but hey, somebody has to do it. And it's not cheap buying different foods for different kinds of people. Anyway, I go out and buy watermelon and greasy fried chicken for the black folks. I mean, everybody knows black people loves them some watermelon. Now, if my money is funny, I combine the Asian's food with the Mexicans. I get a jumbo order of beans and rice.

Reporter: Excuse me Mr Samuelson, but do you see how your remarks could be considered way way racist? I mean, I am black and I don't like greasy fried chicken and I prefer peach cobbler, or a salad, over watermelon.

Mr Samuelson: Yeah, but you're not really black, you're educated.

Reporter: Okay, but what movies are shown at these gatherings?

Mr Samuelson: Nothing but the best. One of our favorites is Gone With The Wind. That's proof that I am not a racist because there's a nice smiling mammy... oops, I mean colored lady in that one. You know she won an Oscar for that great role.

Reporter: Well, your great might not be like my great but what do you show the children?

Mr Samuelson: Now we're talking. Check out two that gets most of our praise.






Reporter: Mr Samuelson, based on what you've said today and the above clips, I am sure many people will have an opinion of you, but I see that you've now lawyered-up. So are you free to give us a few parting words and his advice to you?


Confused Mr Samuelson: Basically, my lawyer said I should tell the world that I am a drunk, stupid, ignorant white man, but not a racist. Then I should beg for mercy from a court of my peers, before I run off to drug rehab.


Reporter: I am not a lawyer and I don't know what court you have in mind, nor what anyone else is thinking, but I believe your lawyer is the smartest guy in the world. Personally, I believe you are a very stupid fool and much more.

7 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey, I eat with chop sticks.... What does that make me? ;-)

Hey there my beautiful blakc brother! Just wanted to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and an Exciting 2011!

You are indeed one of a kind and I'm blessed to know you!

W/love
Free Spirit!

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

I'm confused as to what you are trying to say Carey,I know sarcasm when I see it,but if these are truly the words and feeling of Mr.Samuelson,then I think hell has a reservation for him.

CareyCarey said...

Hello Miss Butterfly, I am just thrilled that you're still reading along. And Merry Christmas to you as well. You have endured nearly 20 months of my musings and you're still hanging in there, thanks.

@Bigmac, yeah, sarcasm it is, and most of those words are his. When I read the article I thought to myself, how can this man (or anyone else) defend his words? and see, I am not a racism chaser cuz I can't run that marathon, back to back to back to back to....

but this man's actions needed another voice.

And it's true, CNN did report that he had supporters. I mean, that really does not surprise me because Sarah Palin has supporters... and so does Rush.

In short, most of those words were his but I added the part about the movies. His defense was so ridiculous, I couldn't help but add a touch of what else he might have said. I believe his words may still be on Facebook. It happened this week.

Reggie said...

I don't eat with chopsticks, but I'm not about to call anyone a fish head.

Does any of this really surprise anyone?!?

It's my considered opinion that Mr. Samuelson is an asshole.

DF said...

I guess I'm white cuz I eat with a fork! Some people you just have to leave the hell alone and let them be.

If anyone has to be sensitive to you because of your race then really they aren't your friend. I have Asian friends and if they don't like watermelon and greasy fried chicken I tell them to get the hell out. Maybe next time I'll eat my watermelon and greasy fried chicken with chopsticks to make them feel comfortable huh?

What's more surprising than him saying that is the fact that the news keeps reporting on it like the people in Georgia don't already expect that from just about every white down there.

D.Freeman

Solomon said...

I'm with Freeman all the way on this one.

If some idiot is trying to force feed me this kind of crap I'll put him and his friends on blast.

Then the only thing you can do is just walk away. There is no damn reason to stick around and listen to any of their sorry ass excuses for all the stupid they were up to.

CareyCarey said...

My man FreeMan, what's up.

Again, I believe you caught the most pertinent part of this post; the fact that it's even being reported. As I said, I am not a racism chaser. To me that's a fools errand. It's a no win situation.

I tried to slip that sentiment in this post by saying the following...

"And, if you've noticed, CNN reported that I have my own contingent of supporters, so obviously, somebody understands.
Reporter: Is that right? I'm thinkin the Sons of Confederates and the Tea Party and those that have an obsession with Hitler and Nazism. I wonder if this is an example of birds of a feather" and "CNN did report that he had supporters. I mean, that really does not surprise me because Sarah Palin has supporters... and so does Rush"

I mean really, to tell a fool they are a fool is pointless because they already know. They will gladly eat those words of wisdom (you're a foolish racist, bigot or whatever) and keep on doing what they do. In fact, to highlight their behavior just attracts more flies.


@ Solomon, long time no see. Thanks for the comment.