Saturday, November 13, 2010

GOT DAMIT, Trying To Make It real COMPARED TO WHAT?

Take a few minutes and listen to this. Eddie Harris and Les McCann said it a long time ago. I remember those protest days, and the beat still rings true. Listen to the lyrics as you tap your feet to the magical song.

I grew up listening to Les McCann, Eddie Harris, Miles Davis, The Crusaders, Cannonball Adderley, Monk, West Montgomery, and many other jazz musicians. So today, I am going back and sharing my past with you.

3 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Very cool song & it still holds up well. The first Time Ever I Heard this jam, it was Roberta Flack's version. Highly digable.

A couple of years ago Maya recorded it. Coolness.

As I became older, I began to really pay more attention to the lyrics. BRILLIANT!

Johnny Legs (John Legend) & The Roots have a neo-soul version of it on their new CD. FIRE!

The great ones never lose their appeal. They just get stronger, deeper, & yes mo REALER!


One.

MrsGrapevine said...

Hey we are relaunching Old School Fridays for 2011. We miss networking and listening to good music.

We have a new site: OldSchoolFridays.blogspot.com. You can sign-up for the themes there.

This week the theme is honoring Teena Marie.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

You were on my mind. Just stopped by to say Happy Sunday and to see your pretty face ;-)

W/love
FSB