Thursday, March 3, 2011

SAY IT AIN'T SO TED WILLIAMS! No you didn't leave rehab?!


Let me tell you a story about a man name Ted - a poor black boy who never kept his family fed. Then one day he was beggin' for some food and up from the ground came a whole lotta good.


Black Gold that is! A new movie star. Well, the next thing you know Ol' Ted's a millionaire. Kinfolk said "Ted, move away from here" said "Californy is the place you ought to be" . So he loaded up his junk and went on TV. Dr Phil that is. Swimmin pools and real movie stars.

Well now it's time to say goodbye to Ted and all his kin. Cus some folks said he's in the house drinkin' gin again. But, you're all invited back again to this locality, to have a heapin' helpin' of ignoriousity.

Okay, it's been report by TMZ that Ted "golden voice" Williams has left rehab.
OH NO CAREY, SAY IT AIN'T SO!
Well, unfortunately, I cannot tell a lie...
Study: Alcohol more lethal than heroin, cocaine.
LONDON (AP) — Alcohol is more dangerous than illegal drugs like heroin and crack cocaine, according to a new study. British experts evaluated substances including alcohol, cocaine,heroin, ecstasy and marijuana, ranking them based on how destructive they are to the individual who takes them and to society as a whole. Researchers analyzed how addictive a drug is and how it harms the human body, in addition to other criteria like environmental damage caused by the drug, its role in breaking up families and its economic costs, such as health care, social services, and prison.
Now, I am not going to whip Ted Williams because I know what he's going through. And, in many ways, he is the victim.
How so Carey? That's silly; the man made his own bed.
Slow your roll Peter Rabbit and let me explain. See, if I am not mistaken - and excuse my lack of modesty - but didn't I say this before... Alcohol is the most evilest, cunning, insidious and addicting drug known to man. And it's legal.
AND-AND-AND.... treatment is a joke! Really, if you've never been in rehab, and thus, know little or nothing about it, I am here to tell you that's it's a dismal failure. It's as much of a pimp game as any quick fix diet plan or the ridiculous words that fall from the mouths of prosperity preachers.
That's right, just like the poor souls that drags their tired bones to the shiny feet of the pulpit pimps - seeking help in the most desperate way - so goes the addicted individual. They're frequently on their last leg... so the sanctioned usurpers move in for the kill.
But everybody is doing it Carey, so it must be right - right?
Well, personally, I don't know anybody that became a millionaire by buying a velvet prayer cloth. And, I know hundreds and hundreds of people who have gone to rehab and they didn't stop drinking or doing drug, but they did received a huge medical bill. Many are dead and gone. Listen, if you put ALL your eggs - or those of a loved one - in a treatment center's basket, you're on a fool's errand.
But I'm gonna stop because nobody wants to hear the truth. So let's all throw our hands in the air and laugh at Teds affair.
But seriously, why don't people just stop - forever?
Well, personally, I KNOW the journey is wrought with impending doom, depression and lost hopes. In fact, I wrote about it from a personal perspective.

Take a look: It's called "LOVE JONES GONE COLD" http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/2011/01/love-jones-gone-cold.html
Maybe God is using Ted Williams? Think not? I think so!

3 comments:

RiPPa said...

When I first heard this guys story. My very first words were: I hope this doesn't throw him into a tailspin - assuming he WAS actually clean as he said he was. I sincerely doubt he had a chance to seek treatment while being down and out.

Addiction is a beast.

CareyCarey said...

RiPPa, you sho know what to say. I never thought the guy was actually clean (which proved to be correct) but I think he's probably been in many treatment centers.

Yet, as you said, addiction is a beast.

As you've been chasing racism (brilliantly, I must say) I've had my feet in the deep waters of alcohol and drug addiction. And I'll tell you - just like racism - ignorance runs rampant on the issue of addictions.

And, as I mentioned, "treatment", in it's most popular and present form, is a dismal failure. Somebody should call 911. Cus they're robbing people without a gun.

Mr Williams is in big trouble. And, as you implied, his newfound popularity has made his struggle a steeper slippery slope.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Well there is not much I can add to this sad situation but my prayers.