Tuesday, May 31, 2011

LOST IN SPACE: Who's That Knocking At My Door?

NO, not Lando Calrissian, it's Keith’s Space. Jokers on the left of me, and clowns on my right, today I am stuck on Keith’s world.

Here we go y’all, today is the start of my daily series on those who have visited my humble abode, and hit the following post. http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/2011/05/bishop-eddie-long-oh-no-whitney-play-it.html... titled:  Whitney Houston, Black Sambo, and Kiss Your Ass?

I don’t know who’s on deck (will pick from a hat) but since Keith was the first to step to the plate, he’s at bat. Now I am winding up and here comes the pitch.

In the two years that I’ve been blogging, if a person had to Q-up to enter my crazy zone, Keith’s card would number less than fifty, out of the more than 100,000 hits the blog has received. Not much by many standards, but in my neck of the woods, that line is long.  I was a rookie with little or no direction and he came by with bits of wisdom and words of encouragement. Then I dropped by his spot and noticed a few strange similarity between him and I.

In one post, he mentioned his love of thunderstorms. I thought, this can’t be true, another black man, just like me, who loves the clap of thunder and the flash of lightning? I’ll set my alarm clock to catch a good thunderstorm. And here was Keith, saying he too loves to lay close to an open window so the sweet drops of rest could bounce off his face.

But the similarities didn’t stop there. He served his country in the United States Air force and so did I. And the shock keeps rocking.

I was really taken aback when he said his wife’s maiden name is Mildred Lee Brown. OH NO! That’s MY ex-wife’s maiden name!!! Could this be real, this hurt I feel? Could Keith be the one who was creep creep creepin’ up my back stairs?

Nope, I just told a big fat lie. *smile*

I’ve never met Keith’s wife and I don’t know her maiden name, and I’ve never been divorced. I just thought I’d add a wee bit of spice to his story. But Keith does not need any more spice to his life. Well, I ain’t pointing fingers and you didn’t hear this from me, but some authors have been known to write fictional novels, yet the protagonist is not a fictional character, it’s the author’s real life.

Weeeeeelllll, Keith is a great cook who loves a little wine with his evening meal. There’s a photo at his site that catches him doing just that. And, he finds the time to maintain 2 other blogs, other than his flagship “Keith’s Space” http://ariesrules.blogspot.com/. If my memory serves me well, one is about food and the other centers on the spice I mentioned. Oh yeah, there’s  a whole lot of slippin and slidin’, peepin and hidin’, and creepin and lyin’, between those sheets, I mean between those pages.

Listen, when I visit that blog, I look to my right and to my left, in the back room and the front room, to see if anyone is around, cuz I don‘t want folks seeing me visiting that no-no zone. They might call the police on me.

But again, I jest, but don’t get me wrong. Keith does maintain other blogs and one is called Escapades http://keithssongs.blogspot.com/. I ain't going to tell his wife on him but listen, ten toes up and ten toes down, two naked booties going round and round, if skin is  touching skin, going in and out, I don't know what you call it, but I'd better shut my big mouth. And, there is a little adult activity going on, but it’s all done in good taste. So check it out if you like a little thrill with your real. But don’t tell nobody that I told you what’s behind the green door.

But Keith is a grandfather and so am I. He also loves his sports, AND SO DO I. He loves his Eagles and Phillies ( He was born and raised in the city of brotherly love). But slowly I turn, inch by inch, step by step, I turn, and say.... “Booooo, I’ve been a Dodger fan for many years, cuz my daddy was, and we don’t have a professional baseball team in our state"

But check this, there’s no other blogger that I know and visit (except one) that writes as many posts as Keith. Keith writes about most issues in life, day after day - after day. It could be about politics, family matters, sports, entertainers, something humorous, or baby and their daddy, but he’s gonna write something, and it will be entertaining. I like that in him. He must have some kind of secret anti-writer's block elixir; potion potion # 9, that keeps him ticking all the time - and right on time?

Well, the clock on the wall says that’s all. Give Keith a holler and I’ll see you real soon with my next adventure of Who’s That Knock Knock Knocking On My Door?

4 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Keith is my brother from another mother...and i luv him dearly! Great shoutout!

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hey Carey! Yep, Keith is cool peeps, I still don't understand how he can write as much as he does.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your last comment ended up in my spam folder somehow. Know that I appreciate your thinking of me and being a source of laughs and insight :-).

Keith said...

Thank You...Thanks for the love good brother and my sisters, Miz and Curvy!

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

I enjoy his weekend humor!