Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BOBBY BROWN & WHITNEY: Trapped In The Game.

                                           Matt Lauer, Bobby Brown (photo: NBC)

Whitney is gone. Now Bobby Brown has to defend his culpability in her death. Pump the brakes -- backup the train -- don't make your move too soon. Bobby Brown nor Cocaine, nor Whitney should be viewed as the Big Bad Boogieman. It's a thing called ignorance that should be in the spot light. I don't care if it's weed -- Bobby said, "I didn't get high before I met Whitney, I smoked weed, I drank the beer, but no, I wasn't the one that got Whitney on drugs at all"  --  or a toke, a toot, a poot, a "shot" or a beer, the addiction process begins long before one is considered "hooked". Besides, alcohol (if you didn't know) is the big snake in the grass. It kills 100 times more people than all the other drugs combined. But how quick we are to point fingers at Bobby & Whitney & those "other" addicts and those "hard" drugs. PLEASE! It's ignorance that fuels the belief that most people recover from an alcohol & drug problem. There are millions of Americans who are in the Grips of Altered Reality -- denial that is -- and they don't even know it. 

The facts are -- less than .05 percent ever make it to the other side. We're talking a very very minuscule few. It's also ignorance that fuels the belief that Whitney failed treatment. The facts are -- treatment, by and large, is a dismal failure. It - "treatment" - fails MILLIONS! It's a money making business much like the churches of pulpit pimps. Facts are - those who can afford a "quality" treatment program will go multiple times (average 4 times at great expense *average stay cost $30,000*) before they even sniff any resemblance of a sustained recover -- though most will die, lose their family; wife or husband, inspire their children in the worst ways ( the apple does not fall far from the tree), go to jail or be a patient in a Psych Ward . And I've never heard of anyone going to heaven by purchasing a velvet prayer cloth or listening to Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes or Eddie Lee Long.

As Bobby said in defense of Whitney "But at the same time, you know, listen, it's a hard fight. It's a hard fight to, you know, maintain sobriety that way." He ain't never lied, and he still drinks, so he too has not arrived.

Yes Bobby, in so many ways -- it's most definitely is a very hard fight. . So stay in the game, but don't let Matt Lauer of anyone use you, or portray you as a black pawn. It's a game of chess and  Mr. & Mrs. Ignorance -- whomever they may be -- is carrying the flag.

In layman's terms -- don't be nobodies fool. ** Eyebrow raised as I look around the room**

2 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Excellent points, Carey! Glad to see you back :-)

CareyCarey said...

Hello Miss Curvy,

Glad to see you stop by. Now check this -- I can't even get in my own blog! I don't know what's going on but I cannot gain access to my dashboard. I switched to this new templete. Now there's nothing (that I can see) that will allow me to post, edit or anything.