Saturday, February 20, 2016

He Who Laughs Last, Laughs Best: It's beginning to look a lot like I TOLD YOU SO.




Let's take a walk down memory lane.


The year 2011. The place: White House Correspondents' Dinner
The speaker:  President Obama
The fall guy:  Donald Trump!

He who laughs last, laughs best. Now, the year is 2015. It's the early race to the White House. By my calculations, unless Donald Trump pulls a Kaelin Clay (See video below) by prematurely celebrating his victory, it's a lock, he could get the last laugh by becoming the next President of The United States!  Who would have thought it?!


First, let's get something perfectly clear, the average person votes with their heart, not their mind.  Most know very little about the "issues", therefore, if a person moves them; emotionally engages them  (i.e., makes them laugh, inspires them to smile, cry or feel pain) , that person then sit in the catbird's seat. Unlike the other candidates who I'll refer to as "The Dud Dudes", Donald Trump has mastered the art of engaging the audience in a way that makes them believe as if he's one of them. 

It's a new day. It's all about the show. In other words, these days, politics is essentially SHOW-BUSINESS. As the infamous boxing promoter Don King would say, only in America, baby!

Today in America, the day in-which a candidate could win voters by simply being his party's head man, mouthing cookie-cutter rhetoric designed to show voters how  presidential they are, is long gone. Consequently, aside from their other obvious character defects "The Dud Dudes" are practically, emotionally lost in space, leaving Donald Trump to win the Republican nomination by a landslide.  His next opponent, the mighty Clinton train.  

But wait, like Kaelin Clay, the Utah Wide Receiver who committed the blunder of the year by dropping the ball prior to crossing the goal line, Donald Trump could drop the ball before crossing his goal line. 

That said, South Carolina is yet another state the Donald now has in his pocket, as the Dud Dude, Jeb Bush fades into the sunset. He wisely dropped out of the race. 


On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, will Donald do a Kaelin Clay or a happy dance?

This is a repost. With a smile on my face I looked back to say "I told you so".

8 comments:

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

WELCOME BAC K TO THE BLOGGING WORLD GOOD BROTHER! SO MANY OF US ARE GONE...AS YOU CAN SEE ,I AM STILL SOLDIERING ON!

CareyCarey said...

Thanks Keith,

Yeah man, many are gone, but as the saying goes, the cream comes to the top. YOu, my man, are still carrying the flag... I like that in you. Float-float-float on my brother.

Btw, who is still doing the thang? Is Miz still blogging? I know The Old Black Church is still spreading the word. I heard from her about 6 months ago at my Twitter spot. Anyway, thanks again for stopping by. I thought I'd get my feet wet and see who might still have me on their blogroll.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Well good to hear from you,I'm about to put my feet back in the water

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

By the way you're not to far off base about Trump!

CareyCarey said...

Big Mac Attack is back! Whatsup my brother. Yep, politics, as we once knew it... is long gone. No longer can one blah-blah-blah about the current issues. It kind of reminds me of church. Sure, people go to hear the word, but for many that's not at the top of their list. They'll seldom admit that but it's true. I've noticed that people love being entertained while being nourished. That said, Donald Trump is a very entertaining fellow, like him or not. And again, look at those, as I like to call them, pulpit pimps, aka, preachers. The ones who draws the largest crowds are by-in-large, the best entertainers. They've mastered the art of engagement. And, one of their best tools is humor. Donald Trump has the whole package and he is not beholding to anyone. He, my friend, is a very dangerous person. He has money, power and charisma. The Dud Dudes have... well, maybe I should ask, what do they have in their favor?

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hey Carey! It's Mel from the CurvyGurl Chronicles. Glad to see you're back :-)

CareyCarey said...

Hey Miss Curvy, I've been so busy. I am glad you stopped by. I hope I can find the time to write, but I haven't figured out what direction I'll go. This Donald Trump thing has me very worried b/c he has a following... and it appears he will be the Republican's choice. That said, the man is very rich, and thus, very dangerous. Again, thinks for stopping by.